natrathix™ bio cellulose
INCI: cellulose gum
Nature-derived, biodegradable thickener with suspension capabilities that maintains emulsion stability of skin and sun care creams, lotions and gels with a desirable skin feel that offers an alternative to carbomer. Natrathix™ bio cellulose enables the creation of more natural skin care creams, lotions and gels, including organic and inorganic sunscreen formulations, with the texture, skin feel and sustainability that consumers demand.
Thank you, in-cosmetics global judges and congratulations, to the 183 other in-cosmetics global Innovation Zone nominees. We’re so pleased that Natrathix™ bio cellulose was recognized as the Bronze award winner for best functional ingredient.
So, if you’re formulating for skin or sun care, lotions or gels, now there’s even more reason to contact Ashland.
features and benefits
- nature-derived from non-GMO, sustainably sourced¹ cellulose, with a natural origin content >84% according to ISO16128-2:2017
- readily biodegradable
- COSMOS-validated, vegan suitable
- delivers effective thickening and suspension benefits; enables clear formulations
- improves emulsion stability
- provides formulation versatility; exhibiting efficacy across a wide pH range, mineral and electrolyte tolerance, and compatibility with other nature derived thickeners
- skin creams, lotions, gels
- face masks
- sun care
- foundations, bb creams
¹suppliers have made commitments to utilize standards set by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and/or Program for the Endorsement of Forest Certification (PEFC).
Read More >