filmQA pro™ data panel
The Data Panel displays the extracted data points over the selected scanner grid. The panel allows you to select the appropriate calibrator function to fit for scanner linearity correction.
- The “Linearized Color Value vs. Scanned Color Value ” chart displays the scanner characterizing function, which is described in the “Scanner Linearization Panel” section as S(x, y, Xscan(x,y)). The function is used to correct for the scanner lateral effect. The ideal curve will have a slope equal to one where the scanned data is equal to the ideal linearity.
- To zoom in, click and drag a region from top left to bottom right of the preferred region. To unzoom, click and drag from bottom right to top left.
- Right click and drag to move the line chart to another location.
- The information for number of points extracted can be viewed under “Status Bar.”
- There are eight different model equations depending on the forced calibration points selected under button 3. A, B, and C are the parameters used to fit the functions. Less parameters give a more stable behavior while more parameters provide more flexibility to adapt to data. Choose the most appropriate model function to approximate the correction curve, S.
- The two text windows on the right allow you to manually enter the calibrator location where you want to extract the data from.
- The “Number Format Buttons” feature allows you to change the format of the number displayed in the “scanner calibrator point” table, B.
- The “color channels” button allows you to select the color channels of the calibration data displayed in the “Linearized Color Value vs. Scanned Color Value ” chart, A. Click or unclick the preferred color channels to view or hide them on the chart.
- Select “Ideal line” to view the perfect scanner characterizing function S on the chart where S = 1.
Read More >