Ashland internship program
about this internship
This internship program is for a period of 6 months that has commenced in January 2023.
Andy Lee, Regional Business Director, for Personal Care & household, and together with his team, will be mentoring Jing Lin.
about our intern Ms. Teo Jing Lin
- Student from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore (NTU) and will be graduating this July.
- Faculty: Bachelor of Biological Sciences
- Hobbies & interest: “One thing I likes to do is to cycle and enjoy the nature breeze. It helps to relief stress and always makes me feel so at ease. I also love to cook, watch food-related videos/reels and explore places with good food. My favorite cuisine is Japanese!”
statement from Jing Lin: Currently, I am interested in doing a marketing role in the chemistry industry. I am fortunate to have gotten the role of a technical trainee in Ashland’s personal care department as I have a great interest for beauty and skincare. Through this internship, I hope I would be able to gain valuable insights on products and ingredients that are beneficial for the skin and hair. I would also love to discover more about the company’s structure and culture and the way Ashland conducts its business. Lastly, I hope to have a good and memorable time with everyone here!
about this internship:
- This internship program was for a period of 3 months, from May to August 2022
- Siew Yun was mentored by Andy Lee, Regional Business Director, for Personal Care & Household, together with his team – Ms Lizbeth Tham and Ms. Gwendolyn Neoh
about our Intern
- intern name: Ms Chong Siew Yun
- Student from Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Bachelor of Chemistry and Biological Chemistry (Honours)
- graduating in August 2023
- hobbies & interests: Travelling, Sports (Netball, Badminton and Swimming), Photography, Café-hopping
highlights of some of the projects accomplished by intern:
- competitive survey - social media present
- rosaliss™ biofunctional short video
- tabletop posters for Vietnam Beauty Planet
- take-home booklet for Vietnam Beauty Planet
- santalwood™ biofunctional video
statement from our intern:
"I believe that most of the things around us can be explained using Science and the reason I joined the Ashland STEM program is to learn how technologies can be used in the personal care industry"
from Siew Yun