benecel™ e4m hpmc
Benecel™ e4m hydroxypropyl methylcellulose (hpmc) is a cellulose-based, polymeric surfactant which enhances foam characteristics and exhibits interaction with surfactants. It has been shown to increase foam volume and produce increased amount of smaller bubbles to enhance creaminess in model toothpaste formulations containing different surfactant systems. In addition, benecel™ e4m hpmc exhibits synergistic foam enhancement with aqualon™/blanose™ carboxymethyl cellulose (cmc) in model toothpaste systems with cocamidopropyl betaine (capb) and sodium lauroyl sarcosinate.
Benecel™ hpmc is high-purity, water-soluble, nonionic cellulose ether designed for use as a thickener, foam enhancer, foam stabilizer, water-binder, film former, as well as a co-suspending and co-emulsifying agent.
key features and benefits
- acts as highly efficient foam booster and stabilizer
- forms stable foam (higher wall elasticity)
- improves foam volume
- enhances the brushing experience by enhancing foam texture
- builds creamy and dense foam
- is compatible with anionic and cationic ingredients
- works with a wide-range of surfactant types
- exhibits synergy with aqualon™/blanose™carboxymethyl cellulose (cmc) in improved foam performance
Read More >