THF - Tetrahydrofuran
chemistry: intermediates and solventsSDS Link >
Tetrahydrofuran (THF) solvent is an inert, versatile solvent offering high solvency power for numerous organic substances. It is used as a starting reagent in many syntheses.
Solvent for PVC, polyurethane, polycarbonate, acetate, thermoplastics for adhesives/cements.
Rapid uniformbit into substrates, hogh volatile, solvency, minimize gelling and contributes to bonding strength
coatings & inks application
- magnetic recording media - used as solvent for magnetizable oxide and binder for resin for polyester and cellulose acetate tapes
- vinyl fabric and sheeting coatings - solvent for high molecular PVC resins
- PVC printing inks - use as co-solvent for promote adhesion of inks
coatings and inks features/benefits
- provides uniform coating thickness and rapid drying
- forms solution with high solids and practical woking viscosities
- provides good viscosity and rheology control, reduces smearing
Read More >
THF is used as an intermediate for Tetrahydrothiopene for odorizing coal gas.