Aquacel™ cellulose gum
Aquacel cellulose gum is a family of high-purity, sodium carboxymethylcellulose (CMC) products that are tailored to meet the needs of the food market. They offer viscosity in solution, stability and water-binding capabilities. In addition to modifying the behavior of water, cellulose gum is useful in suspending solids and modifying flow and texture.
Aquacel WS cellulose gum is used for tartaric acid stabilization in wine.
Aquacel GSA cellulose gum and Aquacel GSH cellulose gum are specifically designed for guar gum supplementation and replacement in many applications where guar has typically been used alone or in combination with other cellulose gums.
Explore other products: Specialty Ingredients
Application InformationWant to know more about how our products are used?
Alcoholic beverage products including beverage concentrates and wine.
• Reduced growth of tartaric acid crystals
Bakery products including breads, muffins, cakes, tortillas and dry masa flour. Also used in bakery fillings including cheese and fruit fillings.
• Increased water addition for moisture and shelf life extension
• Syneresis control
Beverage products including acidified dairy beverages, beverage concentrates, dry mix for beverages and ready-to-consume specialty beverages (coffee, latte, shakes).
• Excellent mouthfeel
• pH stability
• Protein stabilization at low pH
Dairy products including cheese sauce, spreadable cheese, cold-pack cheese, cottage cheese, cream cheese and ice cream.
• Smooth rheology.
• Syneresis control.
• Freeze/thaw stability.
• Protein interaction.
• Texture enhancement.
Sauces and Savory products including barbecue and cheese sauces, fruit preps and jams, ketchup, mayonnaise, salad dressings and soups.
• Smooth rheology
• Syneresis control
• Freeze/thaw stability
• Texture enhancement
Document LibraryInformation available to download for this product.
- Product Information
- Aquacel™ WS Cellulose Gum for Stabilization of Tartrates in White Wine
- Soluciones en ingredientes para alimentos
- Food Ingredient Solutions
- Technology Reports
- Improved Mouthfeel in Instant Fruit Drinks with Aqualon 9M31XF cellulose gum
- Aquacel™ GSJ-D Cellulose Gum
- Synergistic Viscosity of Aquacel™ Cellulose Gum and Guar Gum
- An Alternative to Guar Gum in Ice Cream Applications with Aquacel™ GSA cellulose gum
- Improved Mouthfeel in Hot Instant Beverages With Aquacel™ GSH cellulose gum
- An Alternative to Guar Gum in Ice Cream Applications with Aquacel™ GSH cellulose gum
- Yellow cake with Aquacel GSH cellulose gum
- Improved Texture in Frankfurter-type Sausages With Aquacel™ GSA Cellulose Gum
- Improved Yield in Brine-injected Hams With Aquacel™ GSA cellulose gum
Related ProductsOther products Ashland offers that might be of interest.
Additional InformationNeed more information about this product?
Aquacel CMC complies with the requirements of the U.S. Code of Federal Regulations, Title 21 section 182.1745, “Substances Generally Recognized as Safe” (GRAS) for use in foods and meets the monograph requirements set forth in the Food Chemicals Codex, current edition. Cellulose gum also conforms to the purity criteria of E466 as mentioned in the Annex of EC directive 2008/84/EC and amendments. An ADI (acceptable daily intake) of “not specified” has been allocated by the Scientific Committee of the EU and the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives.
“Cellulose Gum,” accepted as a common or usual name for purified sodium carboxymethylcellulose, may be used in food label ingredient statements.
Hopewell, Va., USA