Pliodeck™ insulation adhesive
Pliodeck insulation adhesive is a one-part urethanne adhesive system that easily can be used on virtually any roofing substrate including:
● Structural concrete
● Pre-cast concrete
● Steel, 22-gauge or lower
● Lightweight concrete
● Poured gypsum
● Cementitious wood fiber (such as Tectum*)
● Mineral-capped modified bitumen or BUR
● Smooth-surface BUR (pull test required)
● Base sheets (pull test recommended)
● Existing sprayed polyurethane foam
Compatible insulation and cover boards
● expanded and extruded polystyrene
● prelite insulations
● Wood fiber and gypsum boardstock
Pliodeck insulation adhesive is fast and easy to apply:
- Prior to applying the adhesive, the roofing surface should be swept clean and dry. Adhesive is applied to the substrate in 12-inch o.c. beads (6-inch on perimeters) and the insulation or recovery boards can be placed immediately.
- Pliodeck insulation adhesive begins to foam within 5 to 10 minutes and within 45 minutes the boards will be sufficiently locked down to allow application of the waterproofing membrane. These are average times based on typical ambient conditions and substrate moisture.
- Pliodeck insulation adhesive cures to full strength in 24 hours to form a durable bond between the substrate surface and insulation.
- One-part adhesive; no mixing or spray rigs required
- Only one walk-in required after adhesive begins to foam
- Lockdown in 30 minutes, full cure in 24 hours
- Fast and easy installation
- Eliminates mechanical fastening onto concrete decks
- Excellent strength and heat resistance
- Solvent-free formulation
The team offers chromatography, spectroscopy, microscopy, spectrometry, thermal analysis and mechanical testing services that validate and verify applications of the products to ensure quality control and safety.
Ashland’s global technology team includes skilled scientists, chemists, engineers and researchers who formulate specialty adhesives to meet the dynamic needs of the market. In addition, a team of technical service representatives with extensive process experience and knowledge support the effective and efficient field use of Ashland’s adhesives.