Plasdone™ S-630 copovidone
Plasdone S-630 copovidone is a tablet binder, matrix polymer for solid-dispersion formulations and film former for topical applications. It is commonly used to enhance the solubility of active pharmaceutical ingredients and increase bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs through the formation of melt-extruded or spray-dried solid dispersions.
The regulatory compliance information for all Ashland products varies by product family and grade. For specific data about the grade you are interested in please refer to our Excipient Information Package and the Certificate of Analysis (COA).
Plasdone S-630 copovidone provides a matrix to solubilize poorly soluble drugs in melt-extruded or spray-dried solid dispersions. It has application in a wide variety of dosage forms, including oral solid, liquid, and topical formulations.
- Low Tg for ease of processing in hot-melt extrusion and spray drying
- Compatible with other ingredients to allow optimization of solid dispersion formulations for stability and delivery
- Film former for topical applications
Plasdone S-630 copovidone is a linear random water-soluble copolymer of N-vinylpyrrolidone and vinyl acetate that combines a unique set of properties for application in a wide variety of dosage forms.
- High bonding capabilities in granulations
- Non-ionic to minimize API interactions
- Increases tablet strength and reduces friability due to high compressibility and excellent adhesive properties
- Physiologically inert for good safety profile
- Solubility in aqueous and polar organic solvents adds processing flexibility
Plasdone S-630 copovidone is a key ingredient in high-solids film coating formulations.
- Improved film adhesion
- Increased processing efficiencies
Product Literature(publicly available)
Additional Product Literature
Safety Data Sheets
- Technical Information
- Polymer selection and optimization in development of a spray dried dispersion with enhanced bioavailability
- Process development of a hot melt extrudate with enhanced solubility
- Product Information
- Plasdone™ K povidones and Plasdone™ S-630 copovidone Properties for Spray-Dried and Melt-Extruded Solid Dispersions
- Pharmaceutical Applications (Russian)
- Ingredients, Process Technology Services, and Expertise for Drug Solubility Enhancement
- Plasdone™ S-630 Copovidone
- Plasdone™ K povidones and Plasdone™ S-630 copovidone Properties for Spray-Dried and Melt-Extruded Solid Dispersions (Russian)
- Ingredients, Process Technology Services, and Expertise for Drug Solubility Enhancement (Russian)