Ashland has been a leading participant in the beverage industry for more than 50 years, originating with the Polyclar™ brand of polyvinylpolypyrrolidone (PVPP) stabilizers that work to help ensure the quality and extended shelf life of beer, wine, fruit juices and teas. Ashland has made significant contributions to advancing the science of stabilization and has been routinely consulted by some of the foremost breweries and wineries to resolve colloidal- and flavor-stability problems.
In response to customers’ needs for advanced specialized support services in the core competency of beverage stabilization and related clarification technology, Ashland has developed its specialized service capability on a global basis.
We provide our customers with a holistic approach to beverage stabilization, using advanced science and technology. Our brewmasters prioritize key business values, working with customers as strategic problem-solving partners to achieve sustainable solutions. Along with our technical specialists, our brewmasters also provide on-site training on tailor-made topics.
This dedicated team of brewmasters and technical specialists employs proven stabilization technology and analytical procedures to optimize operational cost effectiveness.
Ashland’s technical-service experts work on-site with end users of Polyclar stabilizers to:
- Identify the most appropriate, cost-effective stabilization regime to meet customers’ specifications for technical and commercial shelf life of products, and
- Establish a preferred partnership with customers to provide long-term reliable delivery and specialized support services.
Ashland differentiates itself from the competition by providing leading-edge technical support including:
- PVPP first-fill assistance,
- On-site colloidal tests of beer samples with our haze tester, and
- Analytical testing for PVPP-slurry healthcare in our laboratories.