chemistry: Radiochromic Film
Rad-Sure™ ChromicVue™ blood irradiation indicators provide all the dependable features of the traditional Rad-Sure indicators in a compact size and new dispenser box to improve your ease of use. Rad-Sure™ ChromicVue™ introduces new features to improve your workflow, such as ISBT-128 2D barcodes, and labels containing lot number and expiration date for optional use in log books and documentation purposes. Rad-Sure™ ChromicVue™’s smaller format is ideally designed for use with standard blood bags, neonatal syringes and aliquot bags.
Rad-Sure™ ChromicVue™ indicators provide positive, visual verification of irradiation at the minimum specified dose. Manufactured from Gafchromic™ film, the world’s highest resolution dosimeter, Rad-Sure™ has been the standard for blood irradiation indicators for over 25 years. Before a blood product and its attached indicator are irradiated, the word “NOT” is visible and the indicator reads “NOT IRRADIATED”. After irradiation, the “NOT” is obscured and the indicator reads “IRRADIATED”.
- film-based indicator – made with highly accurate Gafchromic™ film used in radiation oncology centers around the world
- less subjective – the product has been properly irradiated when the “NOT” is completely obscured
- indicators can be stored at room temperature
- Color-blind friendly – no need to match colors
- 30 years of reliable film technology
Rad-Sure™ ChromicVue™ blood irradiation indicators gamma and x-ray versions have obtained U.S. FDA 510(k) clearance.
For more information about Rad-Sure or how to order, contact us.
Read More >