Chromafend™ biofunctional INCI Name: Water (aqua) (and) Glycerin (and) Hydrolyzed Linseed Extract
Chromafend biofunctional is a unique patent-pending flax extract designed to help conserve melanin in the hair follicle. This innovative technology targets specific proteins that are key to the control of melanin synthesis. Research shows that Chromafend biofunctional boosts essential markers for protecting natural hair color as demonstrated byin vitro and ex vivo studies. This protection technology may help preserve and protect the natural beauty of hair resulting in a youthful, healthy appearance.
Biofunctional used in hair serums and treatments, scalp treatments and conditioners.
- Boosts tyrosinase expression ex vivo to help production of melanin
- Boosts TRP1 expression in vitro to help production of melanin
- Boosts Pmel17 expression in vitro to help favor melanin synthesis
- Boosts MITF expression in vitro to help regulate melanin synthesis
- Boosts c-Kit expression in vitro to help melanin process
- Boosts PAR-2 expression in keratinocytes in vitro which are involved in melanin transfer
Formulations and Solution Properties
Recommended use level: 0.5-1.0 percent
Available as an aqueous solution.
Product Types or Functions
Anti-aging, Natural Hair Color Maintenance, Vincience™ BiotHAIRapy™ biofunctional