Chemistry: EncapsulatesSDS Link >
The biodegradable Captivates encapsulates range includes standard and customizable microencapsulation products either by employing Complex Coacervation or JetCutter™ processes.
Microencapsulated products are small particles that contain an active ingredient or core material surrounded by a shell or coating. Particle diameters generally range from a few microns to a few millimeters. Microencapsulated products may have different types of structures. These may be simple droplets of liquid core material surrounded by a spherical shell, or particles containing small droplets of core material dispersed in a continuous polymer shell matrix.
Typical applications for Captivates include aesthetic benefits and sensorial benefits, such as texture, as well as functional benefits such as delivery, protection, isolation, color change, fragrance or flavor release. Various trigger mechanisms to release the encapsulated material such as shear, pH, dilution, ion concentration or temperature are available.
The Captivates HC encapsulates series is made up of a complex coacervate based on naturally derived polymers. It typically contains a variety of lipophilic cosmetic ingredients but can also be used to isolate and protect ingredients including water-soluble ingredients.
Captivates HC encapsulate variables include:
- Wall thickness: thin to thick walls.
- Capsule size: 10 to 2,000 microns.
- Color: range of pigments and dyes.
- Core materials: blends of natural oils, synthetic oils and many oil-soluble actives.
- Density: matched to meet the requirements of the final formulation.
The Captivates GL encapsulates series is gelled polymers made through JetCutter technology, which form a hydrogel matrix that can trap insoluble powders and oil. Typical polymer compositions are alginate, agar, carrageenan or chitosan, but the process can also form wax beads with a very uniform size distribution.
Captivates GL encapsulate variables include:
- Standard colors.
- Size: from 250 to 3,000 microns depending on the viscosity of the encapsulation mix.
- Hydrogel type: alginate, carageenan and/or chitosan are used for different end formulations.
- Bead composition: pigments, clays, oils, insoluble vitamins, proteins, amino acids and abrasive particles (pumice, silica, plant extracts).
Read More >
Click here for more information and / or to request a sample.