We are committed to excellence in environmental health, safety and security, and to having a positive impact on the communities in which we operate and society as a whole. How strong is this commitment? We’ve made it a company policy.
We carry this out by supporting the principles and ethics of Responsible Care*, a global initiative to advance the safe and secure management of chemical products and operations. Our Responsible Care program includes:
• A global management system to deliver excellence in environmental, health, safety and security performance, and meet required local, regional, international and business-specific standards.
• Employee involvement at every level of the organization.
• Continual improvement toward our goals of operating with zero incidents, achieving 100 percent compliance and reducing our environmental, health, safety and security impact.
How we carry it out
Our commitment is far-reaching and well-rounded. Whether we're cleaning up the environment, protecting our employees from safety hazards, monitoring our compliance or evaluating our performance, we're on top of things. Follow the links to take a look:
• Environmental and regulatory programs providing expertise in critical areas of environmental, health and safety.
• Product risk management, a companywide system.
• Product regulatory information, managing material safety data sheets and making health, safety and environmental protection an integral part of the life cycle of chemical products.
• Remediation, handling worldwide environmental investigation, cleanup and risk management.
• Safety management, providing global safety support.
• Audits, ensuring we are doing what we say.
See the links in the box at right for more information about our efforts.